It started when Mike Walton was injured while fishing off Florida's Gulf Coast with a fishing hook. Actually, such a cut is not a big deal and heals accordingly fast. However, Walton's hand swelled so much after the incident that the passionate angler went to the hospital. There he got a "Newsweek" report, according to first antibiotics prescribed.
carnivorous bacteria 23:15 hThe drugs did not show the desired effect. Walton's hand continued to swell, with deep black bubbles forming on top of it. Walton said to "ABC News" that the bubbles had at first boiled like beads of sweat, "then they turned black". When he returned to the hospital, he was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, a bacterial infection that causes the tissue to die. Colloquially in this context is often "carnivorous bacteria" the speech.
The angler was lucky in bad luck
The doctors warned Walton that the infection would spread quickly and he might lose his arm. The inflamed tissue was surgically removed and skin grafts were made. Whether Walton's arm will ever become fully functional remained open, according to reports, at least the body part could be saved.
The doctors told the man that not only was he lucky enough to keep his arm, but he also survived the infection. In the meantime, Walton was also able to leave the hospital again, as the "Ozona Fish Camp" – which also set up a "Gofundme" campaign for Walton – told Facebook: wlton-kh.
Similar cases in the past have not always been so comparatively lenient:
- Badeausflug ends fatally – because of a tattoo
- More and more infections with carnivorous bacteria in the south of the USA
Swell: "ABC Action News", "Newsweek", "Ozona Fish Camp", Gofundme
Fear of fox tapeworm 14.30
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.