Almost most of us know that protecting our weight depends on the balance between the energy we receive and the energy we consume. If the energy we consume is more than we consume, our weight increases, and our weight is reduced. How can we calculate how many calories are available to maintain our current weight?
There are three basic elements that determine the energy that our bodies have spent: our basal metabolic rate, the energy we burn with activity, and the thermal energy of the food.
1.BASIC METABOLISM SPEED:
It is the amount of energy that a human being who is in complete conditions, physiologically and spiritually relieved and who is hungry for an average of 12 hours, needs only to fulfill his vital functions such as breathing heartbeat, blood circulation, keeping body temperature at a certain level. There are several factors that influence the rate of basal metabolism:
- Age: The basal metabolic rate is higher in young people and lower in the elderly.
- Longer basal metabolic rate is higher in individuals
- Basal metabolic rate is high in children and pregnant women
- People with lean tissues have a high basal metabolic rate and a lower fat body.
- fever diseases increase the basal metabolic rate.
- Stress hormones increase the basal metabolic rate.
- The warm or cold environment increases the basal metabolic rate.
- In case of fasting or severe fasting, the basal metabolic rate decreases.
- Thyroxin, a thyroid hormone, plays a key role in the adjustment of the basal metabolic rate.
- The energy used for basal metabolism constitutes 60-70% of the body energy. For this reason, calculation of basal metabolism rate is important to calculate calorie.
- We give you the Harris-Benedict Equation to calculate your basal metabolic rate:
· Men = 66 + (13.7 x Weight in kilograms) + (5 x centimeters in height) – (6.8 x years)
· Women = 65 + (9.6 x Weight in kilograms) + (1.7 x centimeters in height) – (4.7 x years)
The post How Many Calorie I Need Been appeared first on Health Information.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.