In the Indian state of Kerala, a 38-year-old man was a mystery to his doctors. The patient was suffering from chronic liver disease and was on treatment as his health deteriorated: his eyes were yellow, his urine darkened, his legs swelled. The liver values of the man were worrying. In a biopsy, the doctors said the journal "British Medical Journal" according to scarring of the liver and diagnosed cirrhosis of the liver. Scathing criticism homeopathy 13.13 According to the findings, this was caused not only by his chronic fatty liver, but also acute hepatitis, caused by debauched alcohol consumption. But one thing did not fit into the picture: the man claimed to be a perfect abstainer. His family also confirmed to the medical staff that he never drank a drop of alcohol. Other possible causes of hepatitis, including pesticides or heavy metals in the blood, could be excluded after testing. So why was the man's liver so damaged?
The cause of the problems revealed itself only in a roundabout way
Only further discussions with the patient revealed the cause of his poor condition. According to this, the man had been in the treatment of a homeopath about a month earlier, after his eyes first yellowish discolored. The reason was the so-called Gilbert syndrome, also known as Morbus Meulengracht. This is a disorder caused by an increase in the breakdown product bilirubin in the blood. The disorder may be worrying for those affected, but according to the Deutsche Leberhilfe usually harmless. Therapy is not needed.
Nevertheless, the patient's homeopath began treatment with pills and a liquid solution taken by the man. Two weeks after starting homeopathic therapy, the man complained of discomfort. He felt sleepy and started to speak. The treatment was adjusted: the intake of the liquid preparation was reduced, which increases the pills. After another two weeks, however, his condition had worsened further, he had the symptoms mentioned above.
A homeopathic solution was the opposite of a cure for the patient
When the treating physicians learned about the homeopathic treatment, they became aware of the reason for the poor condition of the patient: The solution, which he regularly took for a month, contained an alcohol content of 18 percent. For the abstainer with chronic liver disease, the preparation was ultimately the opposite of a cure. It harmed him massively.
For the patient, this discovery came too late. Although a therapy was started immediately and the man was admitted to a special clinic. However, about one and a half months after undergoing medical treatment, he died of multiple organ dysfunction.
Swell: British Medical Journal, Science Alert, Leberhilfe e.V.
Nanny organ donation 1742
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.