Dementia, also referred to as dementia, is a more common old age disease, especially in people over 50 years old. Read more symptoms of dementia and extensive information about its treatment.
Although the greatest risk factor is age progression, it is rarely seen at younger ages.
What is dementia
It is a disease that occurs as a result of weakening of one's mental skills and consequent complications. Although there is a name given to the whole of the multiple disorders affecting the brain, the main complications of the disease are based on memory. An abnormality in brain function may cause abnormal movements, unnecessary annoyance, and can easily forget many things previously known.
Although it is usually caused by Alzheimer-like symptoms, there are some points that differ with Alzheimer's.
Most common symptoms of dementia
- Permanent immobility, insecurity and indifference to events, symptoms of dementia is located between. However, this symptom is not an important symptom.
- Momentary changes in the patient's mood can be seen. For example, it can suddenly become irritable and irrelevant.
- When he's talking or talking to someone, he has trouble finding the right words, symptoms of dementia is located between.
- The difficulty of remembering the names and faces of the people he / she previously knew, Symptoms of dementia is located between.
- People often lose their way. He may have difficulty finding his direction, sometimes he may not remember where he is.
- A number of repetitive behaviorssymptoms of dementia are the most common symptoms. For example, he may exhibit behavior patterns, such as asking the same question over and over again, or repeating something he has already described.
- Changes in behavioral patterns are an important symptom. For example, forgetting something that he did before, this situation may be panic.
- Most important symptoms of dementia It is observed in situations such as the difficulty of completing the daily work.
Relationship between Alzheimer's and dementia
Alzheimer's and Dementia are not the same disease, although they are often mentioned together. However, it should be noted that all Alzheimer's patients are also a dementia patient. And, on the contrary, people with dementia may not be Alzheimer's.
As in all diseases, early diagnosis is also important in dementia. Taking some measures at the initial levels of the disease, the progression of the advanced stages can be slowed down. Same time symptoms of dementiacan be minimized by early diagnosis. For the treatment of dementia, it is not possible to say that there is a definite treatment method. However, in some cases, the factors causing dementia symptoms can be identified and prevented, albeit partial. Therefore, the causes of symptoms should be well established and a treatment process should be developed through these symptoms.
What are the causes of dementia?
In addition to the specific information we provide about the symptoms and treatment of dementia, causes of dementia To be aware of the disease, to take preventive measures to see the disease is very important.
The following causes of dementia should be well known and necessary measures should be taken to eliminate these causes. While taking these measures is only a preventive measure for dementia, they will not have dementia in the future but will prevent problems such as strong memory loss and forgetfulness.
- Anemia is an important symptom of dementia, and we have to construct our nutritional habits on blood-forming nutrients.
- In addition, vitamin B12 deficiency is also a cause of dementia.
- Furthermore, folic acids are another nutritional deficiency which is among the causes of dementia.
- However, the most important cause of dementia is seen as the progression of age rather than these deficiencies in nutrition. Although it is not something that can be done individually to advance the age, healthy eating and memory strengthening exercises can minimize the likelihood of dementia.
Treatment of dementia
Dementia treatment is one of the clearly unknown diseases. If the cause of dementia is clearly known, treatment methods can be used to eliminate this cause. However, in general terms, there is no cure for dementia.
While a number of instructional treatment methods and medical methods are being applied, these methods can only benefit in minimizing the effects of the disease.
The person with dementia should be kept clean and living in a comfortable environment and should be fed well. If possible, the caregiver will help the patient and his / her relatives to be more comfortable.
By using a number of exercises or methods, the patient should be kept as mentally active as possible. Certain drug therapies used may also affect the patient's behavioral symptoms, but may cause slowing of the deterioration in the mental functions of the patient.
In order to prevent the progression of the disease, there is a lot of work for family members. General care and support play an important role in the treatment process.
Their environment may be simpler: The environment of the patient is not a place filled with confusing objects, but rather a simple and understandable environment. Thus, it is aimed to prevent the patient from experiencing a confusing experience.
Behavior therapy: A number of therapy methods to be applied to the patient also play important roles in reducing the effects of the disease. Different behavioral strategies can be developed in the behavioral therapy against mood swings. Thus, the patient's aggressive states can be alleviated.
Verification therapy: In this therapy, the effects of dementia symptoms should be minimized by focusing on the patient's feelings. It is aimed to complete a part of the treatment by presenting more accurate approaches related to the patient's actual situation.
Music therapy: It can be considered as an activity that the patient will enjoy. Trigger effects may be present for the patient to remember.
Recall therapy: Here, it is possible to take action on objects that will enable the patient to remember things about his past. Although difficult, it can be useful, along with other therapy methods.
The post Dementia Symptoms and Treatment appeared first on Alzheimer's Disease.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.