As we all know, cancer is one of the most dangerous and deadly diseases that have ever happened to human beings. Although this disease is often overcome with early diagnosis and on-site treatment, the number of people who have succumbed to the disease is not to be underestimated. Among the human cancers fastest spread Pancreatic cancer, commonly known as type, is usually seen in people aged 45 and over.
Studies have shown that alcohol is more common in people who are overweight, obese and diabetes. First of all, what is the organ called pancreas, which is located in our body, let's give information about. First you need to know that the pancreas is part of your digestive system.
What is Skin Cancer? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Ways and Treatment
The size of this organ, which is approximately 15-16 cm, is located in the most posterior part of the abdomen; stomach, large intestine and duodenum wrapped. This vital organ at the bottom of the stomach consists of three parts. The large part of the head, the thin part of the tail is called; the remaining part of the body name.
What Is Pancreatic Cancer?
Now, let us try to understand the importance of the pancreas, which is the organ of the digestive tract, which we have discussed above. The pancreas has two essential tasks in the body. The first of these was obtained by producing pancreatic sap digestion provide; the other is balance of blood sugar In order to provide production of insulin and some necessary hormones.
The pancreatic juice producing part is called the exocrine pancreas, while the insulin and other hormones are produced in the endocrine pancreas. Since pancreatic cancer can develop in every part of the organ, it can be seen in both the exocrine and endocrine pancreas. However, cancer occurring in different places develops differently and the symptoms differ.
Pancreatic cancer occurs with the mutation of the cells in the pancreas, which is vital for our body. The fourth most deadly cancer type in the world known as pancreatic cancer is more common in people over the age of 45 years. It was not encountered at an earlier age. 80% of cancer patients 60 and 80 years old It is understood that it is near.
As with all diseases, early diagnosis is very important in pancreatic cancer. However, cancer cells in pancreatic cancer, which is one of the fastest and most deadly cancer types metastasis The patient was allowed to survive for a maximum of 5 years even if the treatment was started without leaping.
What are the Types of Pancreatic Cancer?
There are two types of pancreatic cancer, endocrine and exocrine. The exocrine species that begins in the cells of the pancreas channels are more common.
Exocrine Pancreatic Cancer
The most common pancreatic cancer, exocrine type, begins in the cells of the pancreas channels. These channels are the tubes that carry the pancreatic sap to the main pancreatic duct and duodenum. If the tumor can be removed, it can be operated. In this way, the rate of progression of the disease is slowed down with the treatment method and patients' survival 6 months it has been proven to be extended. In some patients, treatment methods such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy are applied since surgery is not possible.
Endocrine Pancreatic Cancer
This species is less common than exocrine cancer. Endocrine pancreas, neuroendocrine tumors can also be called cancer. In this part where insulin and similar hormones are produced, the production of hormones which are very important for our body are produced. Tumors occurring here are also named according to production sites;
Gastrinoma; Gastrin-producing hormones are seen.
Somatostatinoma; It is seen in somatostatin producing cells.
Insulinoma; It is seen in insulin producing cells.
VIPoma; It occurs in cells producing vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP).
Glucagonomas; Glucagon-producing cells are seen.
What are the causes (causes) of pancreatic cancer?
In 8 of every 10 cases of pancreatic cancer, patients were over- cigarettes and alcohol It was found that the habit. And also diabetes Pancreatic cancer is also seen in overweight people who have fat and sugar in their diet.
Although its certainty is not fully recognized by experts; male sex, advanced age, and previous history of colon cancer-like disease are also considered among the causes of pancreatic cancer. Even if there is a very small proportion of people in the family who have had this disease before, you are also considered as a risk group.
The results of a study conducted in the US about pancreatic cancer show that; 0.110 out of every 1000 women and 0.133 out of every 1000 men have pancreatic cancer.
Again, according to the same study, the mortality rate of the patients who are infected is more common in men. All men over 45 years of age who are smokers, drink alcohol, are unbalanced and overweight are in the first risk group for developing pancreatic cancer.
What are the Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer?
Experts say that pancreatic cancer is almost impossible to diagnose and diagnose as early as other cancers. For example, as in breast cancer, you cannot feel any external stiffness, or, as in prostate cancer, frequent urination is not the type of cancer in that area.
However, if the tumor is large, the pain can be very severe. Although the disease itself does not show certain symptoms, your health and your body is showing that some things do not go well.
The first signs of pancreatic cancer include; nausea-vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, back pain, weight loss, difficulty in digestion, jaundice, paleness in the color of stool, sudden onset of diabetes, depression and depression, such as the presence of psychological problems can be noted. The first occurrence of these symptoms is jaundice, urine tea color and stool U glass paste “ is defined as a clear color.
What are the ways to prevent pancreatic cancer?
For the readers of Bilgihanem, as in previous cancer articles, the factors that cause it should be avoided to prevent pancreatic cancer. One of the most important and priority should be to quit smoking and alcohol.
Besides, exercise and non-sporting body is suitable for all kinds of diseases. At least half an hour a day, you should walk in the light rhythm. The main things that should be done to prevent pancreatic cancer are as follows; too greasy, sugared, shelf-life foods should be avoided, high toxic value should not be consumed water, excessive red meat should not be consumed.
What is Leukemia (Blood Cancer)? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Ways and Treatment
Besides, you should consume fresh fruits and vegetables in the season. Research on protection from pancreatic cancer has shown that apples are of great benefit. Similarly, tomato and broccoli were also renewed and reduced the risk of developing cancer. (Click here for other benefits of broccoli.)
What are the methods of diagnosis in pancreatic cancer?
Early diagnosis is the most important part of all disease types in order to get full results. There are different alternative routes for early diagnosis. As early diagnosis is as important as treatment, we wanted to examine these methods under a separate title.
- Abdominal ultrasonography; It is the first stage in the early detection of pancreatic cancer. Ultrasound results will lead your doctor to further research.
- Computed Tomography (CT); It provides detailed examination of the pancreas in thinner sections. Cancer is a diagnostic method that should be done in case of doubt.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); It is similar to computed tomography but does not contain radiation. This has made it a more preferred method.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP); It is based on the principle of entering and displaying a contrast agent by entering endoscopic methods into the pancreas duct.
- Biopsy; Biopsy means taking tissue samples from the tumor. The section taken is examined in laboratories and determines the course of treatment.
- Blood Tests; In all types of cancer and in the diagnosis of diseases, blood tests provide an idea. Because the extraordinary course of hormones or cells produced in the body is reflected in the blood cells immediately.
What are the Treatment Methods of Pancreatic Cancer?
The early diagnosis that we repeat is life-saving. Because the diagnosis and the course of the treatment is still determined by this diagnosis. The appropriate treatment method is chosen according to the level of the disease and the condition of the patient. To the methods used for the treatment of pancreatic cancer;
- Surgical treatment; First of all, it is not possible to perform surgical treatment in advanced stage tumors. As a result of previous investigations, if the tumor can be surgically removed by surgery, ”Whipple surgery“ A method called. With this method, the tumor part of the pancreas can be removed from the bile duct and a portion of the duodenum if it is splashed. However, surgical method is not preferred in pancreatic cancer. Because of the difficulties experienced during the surgery, the complications and the death rate after surgery, this treatment method is preferred.
- Radiotherapy; It is a method of minimizing or completely killing tumor cells by radiation. This method, which can be applied outside of the body, affects only the cells in the treatment area. After surgery, radiotherapy was applied to prevent the disease from being renewed.
- Chemotherapy; Treatment with medication. Chemotherapy is preferred in patients who cannot use surgical method. The aim is to stop the proliferation of cancer cells with drugs. However, it is a very heavy treatment and a difficult way.
- Biological Treatment; Into this section biotherapy and immunotherapy It enters. In immunotherapy, the body's immune system is repaired and it is provided to fight the disease. In biotherapy, the conversion of a normal cell into a cancer cell is stopped and the spread of the disease is prevented.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.