High seen rate gastric cancerUnfortunately, it makes the work of doctors difficult for early diagnosis since it gives very few symptoms. Early diagnosis is a disadvantage in gastric cancer. For this reason, even if there is no previous cancer in the family, especially after the age of 50, a periodic medical examination should be performed.
Stomach cancer worldwide the most common type of cancer. In our country, we 20 thousand a very serious number of people such as cancer are caught. As with the other articles that we published about cancer, let's start by recognizing the organ called stomach. It is a digestive system organ which consists of stomach muscles, where the nutrients taken are stored temporarily. It is located in the upper part of the abdomen under the ribs.
What is Small Bowel Cancer? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Ways and Treatment
Stomach located between the esophagus and the small intestine at least 1.5 liters, not more than 4 liters water holding capacity. Oral feeds reach the stomach through esophagus, esophagus. Foods reaching here are subject to physical and chemical degradation. Internal surface of the stomach Mucosa It is covered with a layer called. A stomach with food every 20 seconds performs a ripple movement and breaks down the food.
What is stomach cancer?
One digestive system organ cancer that occurs in the stomach is called gastric cancer. Usually a ulcer gastric carcinoma, which is in the form of heart, shows a very rapid spread. Therefore, the sooner the diagnosis is made and the treatment is started, the greater the probability of the patient getting rid of this cancer.
Gastric carcinoma, which occurs due to various reasons, manifests itself in the mucous membranes of the stomach. The disease is one of the fastest progressive and spreading types of cancer. It can be spread by direct blood or by lymphatic route. the world 4 most common cancer types The incidence of gastric cancer in our country is also quite high.
It is the first of deaths due to cancer. In general, cases were more common in men and older people. Where stomach cancer is most common in the world; Japan, Chile, Malaysia, China and Colombia countries.
What are the causes (causes) of gastric cancer?
In general, the exact cause of all cancers is not known. Many experts agree that you are suffering from cancer because you have the following habits in this subject, and all factors leading to this situation are explained.
Although most of these are no longer memorized, unfortunately, we cannot give up some of the habits that negatively affect our health. There is no doubt that habits such as cigarettes and alcohol come at the beginning. What are the other causes of gastric cancer?
- Nutrition: Gastric cancer is the most important place among the causes of the feeding habits. It was observed that the percentage of people who received too much salt was more likely to get stomach cancer. Salty foods When taken too much, nitrite and nitrate salts can be converted into carcinogenic substances in the stomach. Salting in particular for meat, barbecue and grill may cause the salt to turn into a carcinogenic substance during cooking.
- Cigarettes and alcohol: Studies have shown that people who smoke are at risk of developing stomach cancer compared to nonsmokers. 6 floors more has shown. Smoking causes inflammation in the gastric mucosa. Alcohol, as well as all other types of cancer, are among the causes of gastric cancer.
- Gender: Looking at the people who have stomach cancer, men compared to women 2 times it is observed to be more.
- Genetic: If any of your first-degree relative has a stomach cancer before, it means you are in a risky group.
- Age: In general, people aged 50 years and older, stomach cancer, the most common age range 70-74'type.
- Diseases: Gastric diseases such as gastritis and ulcers should not be underestimated and necessary treatment should be performed in time. Because these diseases are ignored and not treated causes stomach cancer to start.
- Environmental Factors: Air pollution caused by living in big cities, radiation, coal and nickel that industrial workers are exposed to cause cancer of the stomach.
- Other Factors: In addition to the above-mentioned reasons, the most important risk factors for gastric cancer include the presence of polyps in the stomach and late recognition. These late-onset polyps may later turn into cancerous cells. Long-term smoking, pernicious anemia, genetic predisposition and long-lasting inflammation of the stomach are other causes of cancer.
What are the symptoms of gastric cancer?
In the early stages of gastric cancer, the disease does not immediately manifest itself. Experts for these diseases ”Sneaky ins is used. The main symptoms of gastric cancer are usually showing itself too late;
- Obscure pain in the abdomen.
- Weight loss due to lack of appetite.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- No more than 1-2 days of tiredness feeling.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Stool becomes bloody or dark brown.
- Persistent and severe indigestion.
What are the ways to prevent stomach cancer?
The most simple and practical way to prevent gastric cancer is to avoid cancer-causing factors as much as possible. Of course, it is not possible to prevent gastric cancer and all other cancers and to provide 100% protection. However, if we remove the causative factors from our lives, we will at least reduce the likelihood of being seen.
First of all, you should take care of your eating habits, remove the cigarette and alcohol from your life and eat as healthy as possible. Remove the salt from your tables or even from your kitchen. American Cancer Society It has been proven that over-salt foods such as canned foods, pickles and frozen foods are among the factors that increase stomach cancer.
What is Kidney Cancer? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Ways and Treatment
Potatoes, garlic, carrots and citrus fruits have a positive effect on the destruction and proliferation of cancer cells. In addition, regular exercise, not using animal fat, very hot and not too cold drinks are preferred to prevent stomach cancer prevention is among the measures.
What is the treatment of gastric cancer?
Different types of treatment can be applied depending on the stage of cancer, age and health status of the patient. First of all, if you have a complaint about your stomach, or if you have been diagnosed with gastric cancer. gastroenterologist, surgeon and medical oncologists You can get information about your treatment. The preferred treatment methods in gastric cancer are surgery (surgery), chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Surgical treatment: Treatment of stomach cancer most preferred surgical treatment. With this method, first of all, the location of the tumor, its size, the possibility of leaping to other organs are calculated and acted on. It is usually taken by removing part or all of the stomach from the upper part of the belly. To this form of surgery gastrectomy is called. If a part of the stomach is taken, partial gastrectomy and total gastrectomy is taken. After the operation, the patient may feel tired and sluggish for a while, and there may be instances where your bowel disorder is impaired, such as constipation or diarrhea. You should not worry when such side effects occur, if you experience severe pain or other side effects, you should consult your doctor immediately.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy, which is one of the methods of cancer treatment, can be done before, during and after the most advanced stage of the disease. Chemotherapy based on the principle of intravenous administration of drugs in patients in advanced stages 8-9 months It is applied in such a way as to last.
- Radiotherapy: It is usually preferred after surgical treatment. Radiotherapy is to destroy the radiation cells to prevent the re-occurrence of cancer cells.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.